Thursday, May 14, 2009

Enjoy the Green

It's rainy. It's cold. There's nothing incredibly interesting to blog about right now, but I'll try. :) A couple weeks ago (when it was warm) Mom, Anna, and I went on a walk through our woods. I was running around like crazy picking random flowers, branches, ferns, etc. I was a little spring happy. So I came home with a very interesting assortment of foliage, threw them in a vase, and this was the outcome:
Very wild and random, but I like it. It's not important that the ferns and most of the apple blossoms died the next day, or that there was a pile of little white petals all over our table for the next few days. It made me happy while it lasted.
Just look at that luscious green loveliness. Okay, I'll stop now.

5 comments:

Tori said...

It's pretty! Spring is here!

Nikki said...

YIPPEE SPRING!

gina said...

Can you tell me the name of the plant to which the yellow flowers belong? That was one of my favorite parts of spring in NY!

Abigail said...

Gina, it's called forsythia. :)

gina said...

Thanks, Abigail! And to think that the county north of us is Forsyth County. That should be easy to remember.