Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5k

Mother's Day morning found half of us at a 5k race. Teresa and Emily ran it, Mom and I watched and cheered them on. :) Teresa has run lots of them, but it was Emily's first. It was really cold and the roads they ran on were hilly, so it was pretty tough. Teresa came in 12th place (out of about 40) and went back to run with Emily for the last little stretch. Emily had been right behind this little boy (in the yellow) for most of the race and they were both sprinting at the end. And just at the last instant Emily passed him.
All these pictures were taken on Emily's camera phone because I didn't have time to grab a camera, but I love this one. Emily is completely on the air!
Waiting for results...Mom, Emily, Teresa, me.

2 comments:

puddle jumper said...

Congrats Em and Teresa!I love the pulling ahead/airborne picture of Emily!

Nikki said...

WOW! 12th place is VERY good! It least in my picture!!!