Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pilgrim's Progress

The play went really good. We had a performance on Friday night and on Saturday afternoon, and then we have another one this Saturday at a little theater. I was mainly in the Friday cast, (we were Cast B, but were picked to go first) and then I just sang and was background people on Saturday for the other cast. So it was a lot more relaxed.
Anna played Pilgrim's wife. Me being "Help" who pulls Christian from the Slough of Despond. But then I fall in and have to be carried off the stage.
During the "Cross Scene" we all sing When I Survey the Wondrous Cross.
Christian after his burden falls off. Yeah!
But wait! His troubles aren't over, because three scenes later he has to go through the Valley of Humiliation. I'm the demon on the left. The people on the ground are the lower class demons who are more like snakes. My favorite part by far. It's so fun to be evil. Mwahahaha!
At Vanity Fair now. Anna plays a merchant who tries to get Christian and Faithful to buy our stuff.
But then they won't, so all the town people are angry. Here we are listening to the charges against them. You can't see me because I was on the other side of the stage. Then we kill him.
To lighten things up, enter leech commercial. I'm the nurse. Slightly disturbing. But it was fun.
Anna was the salesman. I'm showing off the leach jar and the teeth extractors that you can get if you buy the jar within the next week. Buy now! Peasants are standing by...
Me playing the slightly crazed "Difidence" in Doubting Castle.
"Hopeful" and "Atheist". The latter is Anna.
The ending scene. They got to Heaven, yeah! It was so hot in those robes, especially since we were holding candles.
Anna, Teresa, and me at the end of the play.

1 comment:

Liv said...

Oh how cool! I love seeing the pictures of somebody else who just did a play!