A couple months ago my sister Emily, my friend Jessica, and myself decided to try out a zumba class. We found the gym eventually...you had to get to it by this back ally and down dark hallways and up down stairs and then there was this random room that resembled a gym and another room where the zumba class was held. That should have been a warning. The instructor was very friendly and told us to select small weights from the bin as this was zumba toning. Real exercise here ladies. She suggested 1 lb weights but if we thought that wasn't enough to feel the burn we could go for the 2 pounders. Obviously I selected the heavier weights as come on, this is zumba, not crossfit. Little did I know...
By the 43rd ra-cha-cha song I was losing feeling in my arms. I just wanted to crumple into a heap on the floor and gasp for air. I hoisted my now-very-heavy 2 lb weights into the air for a final set of bicep curls then swung them to the left when it happened. One of those tin-teeny-little weights met my tinier-teenier-littler pinky finger on my other hand and smashed the living daylights out of it.
It has been 2 months since I attended zumba class. But my pinky finger looks worse everyday and people constantly ask me what happened to turn it so black and blue.
I just smile and say, "working out."
No comments:
Post a Comment