Tuesday, September 18, 2012

of rain and cement trucks

rain makes me sleepy. it rained all day today. and all day long all I wanted to do was curl up somewhere near a window and sleep. instead I worked from morning til evening with a raging headache and the knowledge that tomorrow I would do the same. and the next day. oh, and yes, I work weekends now too. BUT it was a nice idea...thinking about sleeping :p

I scribbled this out at the office today between patients: 

what a thoughtful descension
rain is to rhyme
a steady sensation
removing the grime
from the colorless street
well-trodden and dreary
cleansing a mind
laden and weary
with worries and cares
of present and past-tense
with a touch of despair
and such frivolous nonsense
the pitter-patter of droplets
distracts from the pathetic
lifting my spirits 
to the poetically aesthetic
if only the rain
would continue to fall
my pen would keep writing
and my troubles would stay small. 

see...I feel better already! :D I actually had a nightmere last night about work. tomorrow is my first day working a volume (all day) at the restaurant and in my dream the only vehicle available for me to hitch a ride with was a cement truck. the grease-ball driver man was in no hurry and I arrived an hour and a half late with the wrong clothes on. I hope that one doesn't come true. not only would I get fired but that would just be weird. 

No comments: