Friday, July 9, 2010

Maine

It's a place we've always wanted to go. A place we'd never been. And so we decided to go camping. In Maine. We hung out by the fire. Smelled like smoke. Sang campfire songs. Made friends with fellow campers. And went trespassing.
We climbed Cadillac Mountain. Enjoyed the view of the islands. And dripped with sweat beneath a blazing sun.
We walked, ran, and jumped off of rocks. Just because we were on vacation and it seemed like a good thing to do.
We laid out at the beach. Froze in the arctic water. And made words out of dried seaweed.
We rode in the car. A lot. Listened to music. Stared out the windows. And took pictures.
We gazed out to sea just before dusk. And even though Thunder Cove didn't thunder, it was pretty just the same.
We ate ice cream. Saw 4th of July fireworks. Walked to a lighthouse. And stood on top of cliffs.
We came back loving Maine.

2 comments:

anna said...

how cute...you stole my post idea!!! owell. I may forgive you and I may not...we shall see wont we?

anneke said...

I love Maine!!!!!!!!!! It's soooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!