Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Farfalle with Broccoli

You may ask, "what the heck is farfalle?". It sounds pretty exotic, but it's really just bow tie pasta. :) I made this recipe last night for dinner for the first time and it was really good. It called for anchovies and red pepper flakes, which I didn't do, and I put in some fresh basil and tomato.
I got the recipe off of foodnetwork.com. I wanted to make something with the broccoli we were getting from our garden and found this.
So here's the recipe:

1 lb farfalle pasta
2 heads broccoli, trimmed florets
1/4 c olive oil
4 T butter
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
1/4 c tomato, diced
1 T basil

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook 5 min. Add broccoli and cook 4 min. Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1 cup of water.

Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 5 min. Add broccoli, pasta, salt & pepper, tomato, and basil, and toss. Add some of reserved pasta water, if necessary to make light sauce. Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

And wall-ah!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oooh, that looks really good!!

N said...

Yummy!