Saturday, March 29, 2008

Weekday Weekend

Thursday night Anna and I went over to our friend Natalie's house to spend the night. We stayed up late watching a movie, and then when we finally decided to go to bed, Natalie's cat Scratchy decided to sleep on my couch (we were in the living room). I didn't mind until he started cleaning himself, he was right next to my leg and kept moving. I looked at my alarm clock and it said that it was 12:50am which didn't make sense. I was really bummed that I had only been sleeping for an hour, and now I wasn't tired at all. Then I heard Mrs. K come down the stairs and wondered why she would be going for a walk at one in the morning, she had said that she was going at six. When Scratchy realized that I was awake he crawled up me until his head was about an inch from mine and started purring. I pushed him down on my lap but he kept trying to come back up. Finally he was sick of being pushed away and went to annoy Natalie who was sleeping on the floor. I went back to sleep and woke up to sunlight and two inches of slushy snow. It was seven o'clock even though my clock was trying to tell me that it was 4 something. It must have been dropped sometime the day before. In the morning we made yummy blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs for everyone and then went outside to shovel the neighbors driveway. I know, we're such good Samaritans. :P
The snow was really wet and heavy but it was kind of fun to shovel. I don't usually shovel my driveway, it would take all day.

Anna was shoveling too, but she was the one taking the pictures.
After that we walked down to the local cafe and I had a caramel latte and piece of biscotti, all the specialty drinks were half off. I meant to take pictures but I forgot to. Ha!

2 comments:

Olivia Joy said...

Looks like fun!! Hey, Ab, I will soon be joining you with braces....They're putting mine on again/

Abigail said...

WHAT??? Why? That really stinks! :(